- One shore is Argentina, the other side Chile
- You really feel like you are somewhere out of reach, the isolation and the roughness of nature are beautiful
- Seeing the Magellanic penguins and sea lions in their natural habitat is something you won’t forget (Isla Martillo and Isla de los Lobos)
Three things about Ushuaia:
- The Maritime and Prison Museum was a pleasant surprise. Built in an old prison, it also features an art gallery and a section dedicated to Antarctic Explorers
- The polar wind pierces straight through you, bring warm clothes!
- The stray dogs are sociable. We had a stray dog follow us for hours, waiting for us whenever we went inside and insanely happy to see us again. Finally, a few locals told us that’s a dog they knew and that he’s just after a few cuddles, that’s all!